Lifestyle Officer, Diversional Therapist
CASUAL, PERMANENT PART TIME
Lifestyle Officer - Denhams Beach Care Community
Wollongong, Illawara & South Coast
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal is one of the largest residential care providers in Australia, with 80 Care Communities in NSW, VIC, QLD and WA. We have more than 9,000 dedicated team members caring for over 6,500 residents.
About Denhams Beach (130 Bed Care Home):
Denhams Beach Care Community is located on the beautiful NSW South Coast, our aged care home enjoys a magnificent beachfront setting with breath taking ocean views. Residents enjoy spending time in our extensive gardens, exercising, soaking up the sun or watching whales from our terrace overlooking the beach.
About the Role:
Denhams Beach is currently looking for Lifestyle Officers to join their team on a casual basis with intention to progress to permanent part-time within 3-6 months.
- Ensure the delivery of the high quality lifestyle programs to support residents mental health and quality/enjoyment of life.
- Ensure the daily/weekly lifestyle program is delivered according to schedule.
- Ensure programs cater to social, religious and cultural needs of residents.
- Continuous assessment of program outcomes to ensure they meet resident's needs.
- Support the orientation and training of volunteers.
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A Diploma or Certificate IV in Leisure and Lifestyle qualifications
- Previous experience facilitating Lifestyle and Recreation programs advantageous
- Aromatherapy experience also an advantage
- Experience in completing care plans, entering progress notes and attendance records
- Residential aged care and or experience working with clients with dementia preferred
What Opal can offer you:
- A competitive hourly rate
- A professional and social team
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to leading talent and management programs
- Work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical.
Please note: If you wish to work in residential aged care you must obtain a flu vaccination and also a NDIS Worker Check.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://careers.opalhealthcare.com.au/cw/en/listing/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time