At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 care communities across four states and employs a team of over 9,000 nationally. Opal has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with over ten new aged care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About Meadowbank Grove Care Community:
Our brand new home in West Ryde, Sydney has opened. Meadowbank Grove Care community provides the very best aged care services including permanent, respite and dementia care. Our new home has been designed with spacious outdoor areas, including shaded balconies and gardens. Inside there will be buffet dining areas and a music room with a grand Piano.
Meadowbank Grove is located just a 7 minute walk from Meadowbank Train Station and less than 10 min drive from Top Ryde Shopping Centre.
About the role:
We are currently seeking qualified and experienced RNs with a minimum of 2 years experience in residential aged care to assist with our Stage 2 of ramp up and to ensure smooth transition for residents into aged care/into a new care community.
There are permanent and casual employment opportunities available. Mainly AM and PM shifts, however there may be the occasional Night Duty shift to fill.
RN’s are required to provide quality nursing care and support to meet the clinical needs of residents. The RN may also be required to act as the Homes Senior First Aid Officer/Chief Fire Warden.
What you can bring to Opal:
- Active Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Agency (AHPRA)
- Follow and implement the 8 Standards of Care.
- Provide Choice, Empathy, Dignity and Respect for residents to achieve maximum quality of life and independence.
- Deliver the highest quality of clinical care and holistic support to our residents.
- Demonstrate a positive leadership style with the team, residents, families and other professionals.
- Provide clinical guidance and coordinate the care team.
- Create and review care plans and escalate any issues of concern.
- Develop and maintain positive resident/family and team relationships.
What Opal can offer you:
- Competitive Salary - $58,000 - $77,000 per annum pro rata
- Competitive RN In Charge Allowance rates additional to base rate
- An RN-led model of care, with RNs on shift at all of our facilities 24/7
- A brand new state-of-the-art home with the highest quality equipment and systems
- Platinum affiliation with the Australian College of Nursing (ACN)
- Health and wellness programs
- Work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: in accordance governance a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/careers-enquiry
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal