Kitchen Hand, Cleaner, Laundry Attendant, Catering, Food Services Attendant, Housekeeping
Food/Housekeeping Services Officer - Blacktown Terrace Care Community
Parramatta & Western Suburbs
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
About Blacktown Terrace Care Community (149 Bed Care Community):
Conveniently located close to Blacktown Hospital, the care community offers the Western Sydney community access to the very best specialist aged care services including permanent, respite and dementia-specific care.
About the role:
Blacktown Terrace Care Community is currently looking for team members to join their hospitality department on a casual basis.
The successful candidate will work across our kitchen, cleaning & laundry departments. If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A Certificate in Hospitality/Food Safety/Cleaning is highly regarded.
- The ability to work across our catering, cleaning and laundry departments.
- Previous experience in a commercial catering or a busy kitchen role.
- Experience in a cleaning type role would also be beneficial.
- The ability to be a team player within a busy environment.
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included).
- Ideally you will have experience working in Aged Care or a hospital environment.
What Opal can offer you:
- Industry leading hourly rates
- Family friendly rosters with stability of shifts
- A friendly, social and collaborative team environment
- Career progression to move up & across into roles within Opal
The Fine print
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider. You may also be required to undergo pre-employment medical and attend a drug screen.
Please note: a current flu vaccination is required to work at Opal HealthCare and from 17 September 2021, a COVID-19 vaccination will also become a requirement of employment.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time