Diversional Therapist, Lifestyle Officer
PERMANENT PART TIME
Lifestyle Officer - Bankstown Terrace Care Community
South West & M5 Corridor
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 Care Communities in four states and employs a team of over 9,000 nationally. Opal has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with eight new aged care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About Bankstown Terrace Care Community:
Opened in 2018, our home is modern, welcoming, elegant, and full of life. Our excellent clinical care is complemented by a lifestyle where residents can socialise with friends and family at our onsite café, enjoy being pampered in our beauty salon, or soak up the district views from one of our many outdoor terraces.
Close to Bankstown City Gardens, there are ample public transport options and Bankstown Central Shopping Centre is just 10 minutes away.
About the Role:
We are currently looking for a dedicated, creative and passionate Lifestyle Officer to join the team on a permanent part-time basis.
You will be responsible for facilitating social, psychological, recreational, cultural and spiritual well-being activities for our residents. You will also be involved in ensuring our residents live a meaningful end of life.
Please note: experience working with residents living with dementia is highly regarded.
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
What Opal can offer you:
- A Diploma or Certificate IV in Leisure and Lifestyle qualifications
- Previous experience facilitating Lifestyle and Recreation programs advantageous
- Aromatherapy experience also an advantage
- Experience in completing care plans, entering progress notes and attendance records
- Residential aged care and or experience working with clients with dementia preferred
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical.
- A competitive hourly rate with permanent shifts
- A professional and social team
- Opportunity to be a part of Opal's Scholarship Program
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to leading talent and management programs
- Health and wellness programs
- Work/life balance
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time