Lifestyle Officer - Katoomba Views Care Community
Blue Mountains & Central West
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 85 care communities in four states and over 9,600 team members nationally. Opal Healthcare has one of the strongest growth trajectories in the industry with ten new aged care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About Katoomba Views Care Community:
Located in one of Katoomba's oldest historical buildings, the former guesthouse retains a home like atmosphere for their 90 residents.
About the Role:
Katoomba Views Care Community is currently looking for a Lifestyle Officer to join their team on a permanent full-time basis.
- Ensure the delivery of the high quality lifestyle programs to support resident’s mental health and quality/enjoyment of life.
- Ensure the daily/weekly lifestyle program is delivered according to schedule.
- Ensure programs cater to social, religious and cultural needs of residents.
- Continuous assessment of program outcomes to ensure they meet resident's needs.
- Support the orientation and training of volunteers.
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- A Diploma or Certificate IV in Leisure and Lifestyle qualifications
- Previous experience facilitating Lifestyle and Recreation programs advantageous
- Aromatherapy experience also an advantage
- Experience in completing care plans, entering progress notes and attendance records
- Residential aged care and or experience working with clients with dementia preferred
What Opal can offer you:
- A competitive hourly rate
- A professional and social team
- Professional development opportunities
- Access to leading talent and management programs
- Work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system, NDIS worker screening check, undergo pre-employment medical, flu and covid19 vaccination to align to government regulations.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/careers-enquiry
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time