Demi Chef, Chef
Demi-Chef - Murdoch Gardens Care Community
Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of the leading, privately owned aged care providers in Australia with 84 homes in 4 states and employs a team of over 9,600.
About the role:
Murdoch Gardens Care Community are currently searching for an experienced Demi Chef. An exciting opportunity to join a hospitality centered organisation and become an integral member of the hospitality team!
Our Demi Chef will be responsible for:
- Contribute to the creation of the seasonal menu.
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program.
- Deliver food services in line with food safety program.
- Create enjoyable food experiences for customers.
- Oversee the meal service and Mise en place.
- Creating hero moments for our customers.
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Talented kitchen and service leadership
- Desire to grow and develop
- Cert. IV in Commercial Cooking or trade qualification
- Current Food Handling Certificate or Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- 5 years’ cooking experience in an appropriate and equivalent role
- Opportunity to work with a group of experienced chefs who share a passion for food and creating food experiences that delight
- Opportunity to grow as a chef
- A customer centric work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Health and wellness programs
- Work/life balance
Besides a high degree of job satisfaction, Opal HealthCare offers a competitive salary, a professional and social team, professional development opportunities, access to leadership development programs, and a health and wellbeing program.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
From 1st February 2021, you are required to obtain an NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time