At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare are Australia’s leading aged care provider with 80 Care Communities and a team of over 9,000 across Australia. We are growing, providing new career opportunities in your area and we invite you to join us on this exciting journey. This is aged care, but not as you know it.
About the role:
A unique opportunity awaits for a General Manager to join our beautiful recently extended care home from 45 beds to 84 at Warrnambool Riverside Care Community. Set amongst landscaped tranquil gardens, this newly renovated, pristine Care Community is an ideal place to start your career as an aged care manager within a sector leading organisation.
Other great advantages are the confidence and reputation that Warrnambool Riverside has built up over the years in the community and the strong relationship it has with Stockland Retirement Village, that is co-located on site.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a consultative leader from a customer centric service setting, with a passion for inspiring their team to provide exceptional care to our residents. This role will inspire you every day to deliver on our purpose ‘to bring joy to those we care for’, while challenging your abilities to run a service focused business.
- A strong and experienced General Manager from a service driven environment
- A positive influencer who can instill a strong culture and inspire a diverse team to provide exceptional care to our residents.
- A visible leader who interacts with our team, our residents, their families, and national stakeholders effortlessly
- A motivated operator with the ability to effectively balance clinical leadership with delivery of financial results, property management, team management and other operational aspects of a well-run home
- Quality focused with demonstrated ability to understand and manage the delivery of quality standards
- A great communicator who thrives on building strong organisational relationships with the local community
What this role will provide you:
At Opal, investing in the future of our leaders is paramount. In this role, you will have the opportunity to accelerate your leadership career under the support and guidance of your Regional General Manager and national support teams. You will collaborate with, and be led by some of the best leaders in the sector with the access to ongoing leadership pathway programs and scholarships.
- Full support and guidance from your Regional General Manager and both local and national support teams
- A place on the national leadership team of one of Australia’s leading aged care providers
- Opportunity to collaborate with and be led by some of the best leaders in the sector
- A strong base of local community referral relationships to nurture and grow
- Investment in your leadership career through leadership programs, scholarships and more.
Join us to make a meaningful difference.
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Health Care visit: Our Community | Opal HealthCare
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical & drug screening. Candidates will also be required to have a flu vaccination in accordance with government directions. You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDIS Clearance through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.