IT Client Services Consultant
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal Health Care is one of Australia’s largest health care providers, with 80 care communities across four states and employs a team of 9,000 nationally.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive End User Service’s (EUS) Support person to provide assistance and support for our team members both in-office and remotely. The role is an integral part of the IT Team, and works closely with both Infrastructure and Application Support services. The position reports to Opal Health Care’s, EUS Manager.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience and capabilities working in an IT service desk role or equivalent, providing both L1 and L2 support across the following key responsibilities and not limited to:
- Identify and resolve incidents, changes, problems and requests for technical and non-technical assistance via phone, email, chat and remote support tools, in an effective and timely manner within Service Level’s
- Analyse, resolve and troubleshoot user desktop/server technical issues, Infrastructure, MFD’s and network faults, including application and telephony issues and integrated OPAL System’s
- Perform infrastructure, desktop, server, network and telephony administration, configurations, software installations, upgrades, maintenance, and backups
- Perform basic administration tasks (such as password resets, account creations/deletions, telephony configuration) within OPAL guidelines
- Document all service desk interactions in our ITSM tool
- Participate in creating technical documents and uploading into knowledge base; and
- Identify, own and manage more complex problems or urgent situations with appropriate resources or other departments and vendors
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 2 -5 years’ experience or equivalent in a similar role.
- Experience with Microsoft Products such as MS Office (O365), Windows Server and Workstation OS, Active Directory, Exchange and Citrix;
- Understanding of Network(s), e.g. troubleshooting routers, switches, and firewalls etc.
- IT Telephony and Health Care Systems experience preferred.
- ITSM tools
- Bachelor Degree / Diploma in IT or equivalent preferred;
- Industry vendor certifications highly regarded (Microsoft MCP, CISCO, and Citrix etc.).
- Strong and Effective Personal Attributes such as communication, time management and interpersonal skills
Applicants must be available to work a rotating roster Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 6pm, after hours work and travel could be required.
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time