At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 Care Communities across four states, NSW, VIC, QLD and WA. We employ a team of over 9,000 nationally to care for 6,500 residents.
About Meadowbank Grove (114 Bed Care Community):
Opened in 2020, Meadowbank Grove Care Community is setting the bar for elder care living. Centrally located in the Ryde community, we’re close to Meadowbank Park and many beautiful walkways long the Parramatta River.
About the role:
Meadowbank Grove is currently looking for General Services Officers to join their team on a permanent part-time basis. The shifts will vary from Morning and Afternoon.
We are looking for candidates who are flexible to work across Catering and Cleaning departments.
If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate:
What Opal can offer you:
- The ability to work across our cleaning, kitchen and laundry departments.
- Previous experience in a commercial cleaning or a busy kitchen/ cleaning role.
- A certificate in food safety would be highly regarded
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Most important will be your passion for delivering a high quality service to make a difference for our Residents.
- Opportunities to enhance and develop your career in Aged Care
- Industry leading hourly rates
- Family friendly rosters with stability of shifts
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Career progression to move up and across into roles within Opal
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: in accordance governance a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/careers-enquiry
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal