Regional Relief Chef - Central Coast, Newcastle and Hunter
Gosford & Central Coast
At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do. Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
At Opal, we strive to deliver an outstanding resident food experience every day. Our dedicated team of chefs lovingly prepare a range of meals and snacks fresh from the kitchen every day. Our food services team are devoted to creating enjoyable food experiences for all residents, particularly as their dietary requirements and preferences change.
About the role:
- Full time role working Monday to Friday
- 3 Month Contract with potential for permanency
- Work across the region – Central Coast, Newcastle & Hunter Valley
- Covering planned annual leave for existing Head Chefs, as well as providing assistance for key events
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program in line with the food program
Our ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Excellent produce selection and rotation skills
- Outstanding budgeting and ordering skills
- Inspirational team leadership
- Completion of Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- Food Safety Supervisory Certification
- 5 years’ experience as a Head Chef
What Opal can offer you:
- Reimbursement for kilometres travelled, paid accommodation where required
- Opal HealthCare’s annual Chef’s Masterclass
- Leadership and Management Courses available through Opal’s Scholarship Program
- Opal’s Food Philosophy
- Employee Referral Program – earn bonuses for inviting your friends to work with us!
- A collaborative team environment with supportive management
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance via Opal’s police check system and undergo a pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen and complete psychometric testing.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment with us.
Please note: a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes, as well as at least one dose of the COVID19 vaccine from September 17, 2021.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend