Property and Development
Senior Design Manager
CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
At Opal Health Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
This is aged care but not as you know it!
Opal HealthCare is one of Australia’s largest aged care providers, with 80 care communities across four states and employing a team of over 9000 nationally. We are transforming our culture and our customer experience, and growing our Opal communities with 10 new care homes scheduled to open in the next two years.
About the Role:
The Senior Design Manager is responsible for the management of all Opal Healthcare design briefs and the implementation of those briefs in all major developments and capital upgrades. The role contributes to making Opal a great place to work by having good work relationships with other team members and behaving in a way that support Opal HealthCare’s values.
- Responsible for the development, upgrading and implementation of all Opal Design Brief (ODB) and specification documentation
- Coordinates post completion reviews of completed developments and implements learning’s into the ODB & specifications
- Provides the design interface between the business and the Opal Senior Development Managers
- Continuous Improvement - Continuously reviews new products, room layouts, functions, and responses to executive requests including any cost implications
- Ensures external consultants engaged on Opal developments are briefed and understand our ODB & Specifications. Design and Implement a robust methodology for providing updates of the ODB to all consultants
- Reviews and comments on design documentation for all development projects, ensuring they meet the ODB and specifications
- Undertakes pre completion inspections of developments
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Architecture
- At least 10 years’ experience in Architecture and design management in either aged care, hospital, or hotel projects
- Experience in building design scope and budgets
- Strategic planning and analytical/problem solving skills
- Experience in management of external consultants
- Strong communication, negotiation, influencing and report writing skills
- Computer literacy to industry standard – Specifically MS Word & Excel
- A high level of prioritisation and organisational skills
In return you will:
- Join a high-performing, energetic and fun team
- Work in a growing organisation with an inclusive culture and diverse career development opportunities
- Ability to future-proof your career - we are a high growth organisation within a high growth sector offering full career stability
- Be a valued member of our Opal HealthCare family doing challenging and rewarding work that really matters
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system, NDIS worker screening check, undergo pre-employment medical, flu and covid19 vaccination to align to government regulations.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/careers-enquiry
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time