At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
At Opal HealthCare’s 80 Care Communities across four states in Australia, we are changing the way elder care is delivered. With 9,000 team nationally, we are transforming our culture and our customer experience, bringing our fresh new brand to life and fostering deep community engagement.
Opal HealthCare is seeking a senior experienced nurse clinician and manager for a varied part-time, fixed-term role with Opal HealthCare’s National Clinical and Quality Team.
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Services the main focus areas of National Clinical Services & Systems Advisor will be providing high level advice and supporting the relevant business units with our clinical care system, medicines management and clinical governance through policies and procedures.
The suitable candidate might be someone wanting to ‘downsize’ from a senior nursing executive role to a non-operational and advisory role, who will have extensive clinical and nursing managerial experience and who is seeking a positive change in a dynamic and responsive environment. This is initially a 6 month contract role.
Key accountabilities and tasks:
- Assist in clinical literature reviews, environmental scanning and analysis to support the formulation of new or reviews of existing clinical care P&Ps, to embed clinical effectiveness and continuous quality improvement at the service level to ensure high quality, cost effective, safe and resident-centred care.
- Provide advice in the development, review, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of any clinical or digital health systems on behalf for the Clinical Services & Quality team
- Assist the Director of Clinical Services in the reviews and advice provided around professional practice concerns raised by Regional leadership or People and Culture teams
- Undertake other duties as required in accordance with strategic objectives, business plans, and local workload priorities
To be successful in this role you will:
- Current AHPRA registration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be a health professional with minimum 5 years in a variety of senior clinical roles or settings
- Have a broad knowledge of the health and /or aged care industry including legislative and regulatory requirements and environments
- Have experience and leadership roles in acute or sub-acute health, and/or aged care sectors
- Have post graduate qualifications in clinical management, or relevant clinical areas
- Experience in digital health systems, governance, implementation and review
- Have demonstrated clinical leadership qualities and effective change or project management skills
- Have research, publication and public presentation experience
- Have demonstrated experience in impacting resident/customer outcomes through quality management approaches
- Have demonstrated understanding of clinical governance
In return you will:
- Opportunity to join a team of high-performing, collaborative aged care clinical specialists
- A competitive salary with the opportunity to enhance and develop your career in Aged Care
- Innovative digital care systems, programs & tools required to support you in your role
- Play a role in growing a culture of respect for our elders in Australia
The Fine print
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider. You may also be required to undergo pre-employment medical and attend a drug screen.
Please note: a current flu vaccination is required to work at Opal HealthCare and from 17 September 2021, a COVID-19 vaccination will also become a requirement of employment.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit:
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal