At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal is one of the largest residential care providers in Australia, with 80 Care Communities in NSW, VIC, QLD, and WA. We have more than 9,000 dedicated team members caring for over 6,500 residents.
About Bankstown Terrace (155 Bed Care Community):
Opened in 2018, our home is modern, welcoming, elegant, and full of life. Our excellent clinical care is complemented by a lifestyle where residents can socialise with friends and family at our onsite café, enjoy being pampered in our beauty salon, or soak up the district views from one of our many outdoor terraces. Our wellness centre provides in-home rehabilitation services, and we have two memory care neighbourhoods and a memory garden for residents who are living with dementia.
Close to Bankstown City Gardens, there are ample public transport options and Bankstown Central Shopping Centre is just 10 minutes away.
About the Lifestyle Coordinator role:
The Lifestyle Coordinator role is Full-Time, Mon- Fri, 9am to 5pm (with some degree of flexibility).
We are looking for a dynamic person that brings passion and enthusiasm for bringing joy to our residents daily. You are charismatic and engaging, otherwise known as the heart and soul of the home, enriching our resident’s lives through planned activities and events. Your goal is to develop a sense of community where our residents can enjoy socialising and interacting with each other and our team.
In this role you will be responsible for designing, evaluating and carrying out the lifestyle programs for residents in our aged care home. You will also lead the leisure & lifestyle team. You will be reporting through to the General Manager.
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience coordinating Lifestyle and Recreation programs in large residential aged care facilities would be highly regarded
- Follow and implement the 8 Standards of Care
- Participate as an active member of the leadership team and previous experience managing a team
- Support the orientation and training of new Lifestyle team members and volunteers
- Must be able to coordinate a program of activities and be willing to lead some of these activities
- Experience collecting and analysing data and be able to utilize the data to create programs and activities for the residents
- Promote independence, purposeful interactions and human connections
- Experience working with clients with dementia would be highly regarded
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy, Diversional Therapy an advantage.
- A Diploma or Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle or Community Services, we would also consider a tertiary qualification in child care or similar.
- A competitive hourly rate
- Focus on work/life balance
- A friendly, social, collaborative team environment
- Access to health and wellness programs
- Professional training and development programs
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical. You may also be required to attend a drug screen.
You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
Please note: in accordance governance a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/careers-enquiry
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit: https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/why-choose-opal/about-opal