Demi Chef, Kitchen Hand
PERMANENT PART TIME
Bairnsdale & Gippsland
At Opal HealthCare, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal HealthCare have 80 care communities and a team of over 9,000 across Australia. With 10 new care communities opening in the next two years, we are growing with multiple opportunities on the horizon.
At Opal, we strive to deliver an outstanding resident food experience every day. Our dedicated team of chefs lovingly prepare a range of meals and snacks fresh from the kitchen every day. Our food services team are devoted to creating enjoyable food experiences for all residents, particularly as their dietary requirements and preferences change.
About the role:
- Based at Lakes Entrance - 76 bed Care Community
- This is a part time role which may include some weekends
- Contribute to the creation of the seasonal menu
- Create nutritious meals and snacks in line with the food services program
- Deliver food services in line with food safety program
- Create enjoyable food experiences for customers
- Oversee the meal service and Mise en place
Our ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Passion for food
- Talented kitchen and service leadership
- Desire to grow and develop
- Cert. IV in Commercial Cooking or trade qualification
- Current Food Handling Certificate or Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- 5 years’ cooking experience in an appropriate and equivalent role
What Opal can offer you:
- Opportunity to work with a group of experienced chefs who share a passion for food and creating food experiences that delight
- Opportunity to grow as a chef
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Health and wellness programs
- Work/life balance
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal's police check system and undergo pre-employment medical & drug screening. Candidates will also be required to have a flu vaccination in accordance with government directions. You must also be willing to obtain a personal NDISWC through your state government provider prior to commencing employment.
To meet a few of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal HealthCare visit https://www.opalhealthcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results
Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time